- Cycling tour
- Local, knowledgeable, Engish-speaking guide
- Bicycle rental and insurance fees
- Chance to visit hidden points where you can see the 'real' Atomic Bomb dome
- Tour of places that were really far away from the place of impact but that still suffered enormous damage
- Access to the Peace Museum
- Informative history on Hiroshima's inhabitants and the story of Hiroshima
Hiroshima Cycling Peace Tour by BicycleVisit the atomic bomb heritages in Hiroshima, the Peace Museum and more
- Japanese Consumption Tax
What to Expect
There are lots of atomic bomb heritages in the suburbs of Hiroshima other than the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park. Each of them has its own unique story. Going around and looking at those relics, your local guide will tell you about the destructive power of the atomic bomb and the situation of the damage in those days. You will realize how once-destroyed Hiroshima has vigorously revived to be a city abundant in green in over 70 years from the end of the war. Experience the real Hiroshima firsthand with local staff born and raised in Hiroshima. This tour offers something which you cannot learn from only books and pictures.
10 am - 10:15 am: Gathering
Meet up with your guide at the meeting place. Introduce yourselves to each other and talk about the route of today. After checking the story of the tour, let's go!
10:15 am - 10:25 am: Center of the explosion - Atomic Bomb dome and Aioibashi bridge
You will be shown the Atomic Bomb Dome, the bridge that became a target and the location where a lot of bombs exploded. You will also go to a secret spot where you can see the Atomic Bomb Dome from the real front.
10:25 am - 11:45 am: Pattern 1 Peace Park - Museum
You will be guided to mainly the inside of the Peace Park and the Museum and look at it from a local's perspective.
10:25 am - 11:45 am: Pattern 2 Fukuromachi Municipal Elementary School's Peace Museum, Hiroshima city hall museum, The former bank of Japan
Next, you will be going to atomic bomb heritages in the neighbourhood of the centre of the explosion. There are significant local materials that are carefully conserved and which you can't find in the Peace Park.
11:45 am - 12 pm: Higashisenda Park
The former Hiroshima University site is currently used as a large park. You will also find a building made with bricks that endured the explosion and the image of that moment remains.
12 pm - 1pm: Lunch Time
Choose between having lunch in the park or eating at a restaurant nearby (at participants' own expense).
12 pm - 12:15 pm: Miyukibashi bridge
The borderline of the area which suffered great damage from the atomic bomb. There is a monument on which you can find a picture taken at the moment when a lot of people seeking help on the bridge.
12:15 pm - 12:40 pm: Former Army Clothing Warehouse
The most top-class atomic bomb heritage in existence. At the time, it was a facility creating uniforms etc. for the army. It was the place where a lot of people would get medical care sheltered from danger after fleeing the city area. Even though it was quite far from the centre of the explosion, an iron door that has been deformed by the heat can be found, so you can imagine the power of the impact.
12:40 pm - 1 pm: Kyobashi river / Peace Boulevard
You will go towards the end of the tour along the riverside of the Kyobashi River. Half-way, you will also pass trees exposed to radiation and the Kyobashi bridge which remained since then.
If you decide to stop for lunch, the time will change by 1 hour, so you will arrive at the meeting place again at 2 pm.
Hiroshima is the first city in human history that experienced an atomic bomb. An argument was that no one wants to remember such a tragic experience and that the visible damage of the Atomic Dome should be destroyed, but it has been preserved as a symbol of peace to the present with the desire to appeal peace with nuclear abolition as the city that experienced the atomic bomb. In 1996 the Atomic Bomb Dome was registered as a World Heritage Site.
NEARBY AREA INTRODUCTION
The atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima on August 6, 1945, and the city suffered a lot of damage which remains in the history of war. But just three days later, despite the bomb hitting nearby trains and railroads, the city train started moving again in cooperation with the people of Hiroshima. The streetcar is still the same as then and is still running in the city. The trains that people in the town have reconstructed with all of their strength are still watching over the people in the town with a warm gaze.
Frequently Asked Questions
Meeting point: Peacecle Tourist Information Office 2-29 Kyobashicho, Minami-Ku, Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima
- A 4-minute walk from the south exit of JR Hiroshima station
- From the south exit, go to the south exit underground square and take exit 8 to go to the ground. Go in the direction of Enkougawa.
- Cross the Ekimae-Ohashi bridge and turn right at the first traffic light. Enter Jonan-Dori street.
- The store is in front of APA Hotel Hiroshima-Ekimae. (Peacecle Tourist Information Office)
- This tour is not a private tour and up to 10 persons can join.
- For those who are 145 cm or taller, adult's pricing will apply.
- Child price: Free of charge if they do not ride a bicycle (Only two bicycles with a child seat are for rent. Please enquire beforehand.
- Depending on the weather conditions and the like, the tour may be cancelled for safety reasons.
- In the case where the regular tour cannot be held due to rain, It can be changed to ”Special Peace Route on a Rainy Day.". If you do not like to take the tour, the money you paid will be refunded.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
- The cancellation fee includes handling charges.
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely