- Get active on a stand up paddleboard
- Visit the World Heritage site Itsukushima shrine from the sea
- Paddle through the great torii gate: a spectacular experience
- Experience an extraordinary and exhilarating feeling when the sea expands in front of you, something which you can only feel when rowing your own SUP
- Get led by highly-experienced staff
- Refresh your body and mind in the middle of the beautiful sea
- Receive a complimentary photo of yourself with the great torii gate
SUP Tour of the Itsukushima ShrineStand up paddleboard through the torii gate at Hiroshima
What to Expect
Row your own stand up paddle board and visit the World Heritage site: Itsukushima Shrine on this guided SUP tour. Itsukushima Shrine has a history of 1400 years and is a powerful spot thought to be flowing with mystical energy. The Itsukushima Shrine which is built on the sea is globally an extremely rare shrine. The Itsukushima Shrine seen from far away is also extremely beautiful, but paddle through it by SUP is a completely novel experience which you can only do here.
A SUP is, unlike a boat, something you row yourself and with the right amount of pressure, allowing you to feel excited and really fulfilled. Furthermore, different from a sea kayak, you paddle a SUP while standing so you will have a very wide view. Please don't worry if you feel uneasy. Certified staff will give you a lesson, so even beginners can SUP. Let's enjoy a relaxing time while coming in contact with the nature of the area.
On this tour, you can not only get close to the Itsukushima Shrine, but you can also actually go through the great torii gate of Miyajima. This great torii gate has a height of 16 meters and is the biggest wooden torii in Japan. Seeing the torii gate from directly below is very spectacular. The exciting experience of going through the torii will definitely become an unforgettable memory.
A special course is also provided for advanced participants. People with SUP experience will embark on a beach on the other side of Miyajima and will go by SUP for around 2 kilometers. You can experience scenery that is unique even in Japan, with a sea consisting of a gentle bay and a stream with the tide and a beautiful scene of various floating islands.
- Meeting at Miyajima Ferry Terminal
- SUP lesson
- SUP start
- From the beach to Itsukushima shrine
- Back to the starting point
After arriving at the embarkment spot with your SUP, it's possible to take a stroll around Miyajima.
- Arrival at Miyajima
- Taking a bath
- Daisho-in temple
- Shopping area
Frequently Asked Questions
- Meeting point: Miyajima Ferry Terminal / 739-0588 Miyajima-cho, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima-ken
- Access: JR Miyajimaguchi Station→boarding the ferry→arrival at Miyajima
- Our Advertised Price and Net Rate DO NOT include the Japanese Consumption Tax.
- 7 to 4 days before the tour date 40% of the tour price
- 3 to 2 days before the tour date 60% of the tour price
- The day before the tour date, on the day of the tour 100% of the tour price
- Right after the online settlement is made, a cancellation fee of 10% will be incurred in case of cancellation.
- The cancellation fee includes handling charges.
Reviews for SUP Tour of the Itsukushima Shrine
Why book with us?
- Best Price Guarantee
- Free & Easy Cancellation
- Up to 10% Cashback
- 100,000 5 Star Reviews
- Book Securely