- An exciting 1.5 hour Jetboat ride through the Dart River Valley
- Exploration through the Mt Aspiring National Park and Tewahi Pounamu UNESCO area
- 30-40 minute guided walk through the native forests
- 4WD Coach Scenic back-road route through many famous filming location
- Knowledgeable & experienced guides
WHAT TO EXPECT
Explore the world heritage area of Mt Aspiring National Park on our Dart River Jet Boat Ride and Wilderness Safari. We offer a unique combination of breathtaking activities, including an exciting jet boat ride along glacier-fed rivers, an incredible scenic walk through ancient beech forest, and a beautiful drive through the rugged land used in many Middle Earth movie scenes. The diversity of what's on offer means you'll get to encounter a truly authentic New Zealand experience in an untouched world.
Our highly informative guides are what make the trip so unforgettable - they know everything there is to know about the area's history and the Maori heritage and legends.
- Discover the beauty of Mt Aspiring National Park.
- Walk amongst ancient beech forest
- Jet boat along the Dart River
- Explore the ever-changing braided river system
- Surround yourself with snow-covered peaks, waterfalls and hidden valleys
- Learn about Maori Heritage
- View scenery that formed the backdrop for many films including The Lord of the Rings
Summer - 8am and 12.30pm (see below for seasonal schedule)
Departs from the Dart River Jet Safaris booking office inside at Station Building opp: Queenstown's Information Centre, on the corner of Camp and Shotover Streets.
9am and 1.30 pm
Departs from the Dart Visitor Centre, Mull Street, Glenorchy.
Summer and Winter Departures
- Life jackets are mandatory and supplied along with optional spray jackets
- Summer: Bring sunglasses, sun hat, sunscreen, insect repellant and a warm outer layer is recommended
- Winter: Wear warm clothing plus hat, gloves, windproof outer jacket, insect repellant and sunglasses
- Year round: Please ensure you wear suitable supportive footwear. The guided walk is 30 minutes long on a rolling track through the forest.